MTV Project Aloft Star

You know, there is a common belief that there are no real talents in Singapore, or even South-East Asia. But boy, we are so wrong!


RxR Magazine


As you guys know, everyone at RxR is a huge fan of MTV Asia.You can refer to our list of MTV Asia posts right here.



Here is what the officials at Aloft say--
“Music is in the DNA of the Aloft brand and we are thrilled to kick-off Asia Pacific’s first Project Aloft Star competition to identify the latest emerging music artists in the region. Project Aloft Star has been hugely successful with five editions in North America; and this  year we are very proud to have Asia Pacific’s very own edition to discover the region’s immense potential pool of talent,” said Vincent Ong, Senior Brand Director, Asia Pacific Brand Management, Starwood Hotels & Resorts.
“We are also excited to partner with MTV Asia who shares our same passion for live music, pop culture and design-led initiatives. This synergistic collaboration allows Aloft Hotels and MTV Asia to amplify the discovery of great new music experiences across Asia Pacific,” continued Ong.
Way awesome! We love their energy and passion.

Anyway, we whole-heartedly support MTV Project Aloft Star because bands and artistes are really original. Shortlisted works are showcased at www.mtvasia.com/projectaloftstar, where the best artiste gets the chance to be named Asia’s first Project Aloft Star winner!

Therefore we came up with this poster:


RXR Magazine


Are you excited yet?

"Really? Where can I see the talents?"--you ask.

You can check them out hereThree winners will ultimately be chosen – as the Asia Pacific edition of Project Aloft Star will feature three key contest clusters covering major Asia Pacific markets: China, India and the third contest cluster consisting of Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. Shortlisted entries will have the opportunity of a lifetime to perform at the finals in late September in front of a panel of judges held in their respective clusters.

For instance, here is the Southeast Asian cluster. They are really talented individuals--We watched all of their performances!





The winner from each cluster will receive US $10,000 cash and a chance to be featured on MTV.

That's simply a once in a lifetime opportunity!

And the best part is--YOU get to decide who wins!

From August 25 to September 14, 2014, the public can vote for their favourite videos from a panel of curated entries posted online. 40% of public voting will determine which entries get to perform at the finals for each cluster and the remaining 60% will be determined by MTV.This implies that YOUR vote counts and goes a long way in deciding who eventually wins the crown!

Fans in each cluster who cast their votes will stand a chance to win a three day, two night all-expense paid trip for two to Seoul, South Korea and accommodation at the Aloft Seoul Gangnam hotel, slated to open on October 1, 2014.

For more information head over to www.mtvasia.com/projectaloftstar. We will be covering this event all the way! :)

0 comments: